Tiramisu Cheesecake: The finale

So my family loves tiramisu. Though I pretend to a fan, really I am not. So when my sister mentioned making a tiramisu cheesecake for dessert I thought it was a great idea for my grandparents. Good thing it wasn't a dinner for me. However, as we were finishing up and played cards after the dinner it looked tempting so I decided to try a bite, or a piece I should say. It was WONDERFUL. Turned out really well and was a huge hit with the grandparents. When my brother went to grab a piece there was a comment from my grandpa about if another piece of cheesecake disappeared the cheesecake would disappear to the safety of his locked truck. Let's just say it turned out great and was a wonderful ending to a perfect evening. Our guests gave us great reviews and I just received my thank you card in the mail from the two of them. I can't wait to repeat the experience! We of course are cooking up the next great idea for my grandpa's birthday and then perhaps another dinner in May for their anniversary.

My sister got the recipe from a magazine a couple years ago and can't remember where you came from but here it is.

What You Need
7 ounce package crisp Italian-style ladyfingers, coarsely chopped
6 tbsp butter melted
1tbsp instant espresso powder
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, room temp
1 c sugar
1 c marscapone cheese
1tsp pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cps mini semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees . Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
  2. Using a food processor, grind the ladyfingers into fine crumbs. Add the butter and espresso and pulse until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press to form a crust halfway up the side of the pan. Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees .
  3. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar at high speed until smooth. Beat in the mascarpone, vanilla and salt. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
  4. Set the springform pan in a roasting pan. Pour the mascarpone-chocolate chip mixture into the baked crust, then place the roasting pan in the oven. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until the top is golden and the center is set but still jiggly, about 1 hour. Let cool in the water bath for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for 6 hours or up to 2 days. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. In a small, heatproof bowl, melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave at low power, stirring until smooth. Transfer the chocolate to a resealable plastic bag. Snip a hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cake.
I'd also like to give a special THANKS to our local coffee shop Hazels for giving us some of their ground espresso . We have been going there for years and they have amazing drinks and the people are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors