The Secret of Water

It is no secret that water is an important part of feeling good and losing weight, but you constantly hear different things on how much is enough. (Talk about annoying, right?) Well it is my 4th year of medical school and I have sit through hundred and maybe thousands of hours of lectures about diseases, infections, and how to talk to your patients, but not once does anyone lecture about what lots of people really what to know about. The secrets of weight loss, why do we yawn, and why the hell hasn't anyone come up with someone better than a mammogram machine? So I'm sitting in noon conference(that is where you listen to a lecture while trying the eat without making a noise) listening to a lecture on electrolyte balance and the doctor said a throw-away comment about just how much water is actually enough to lose weight!  Unknown to me for 4 years is that in this tiny book a carry around in my white coat is an equation on how much water you need! Why didn't anyone tell me this, huh? I have been trying to answer this question for years! So of course the equation is super complicated and follows the metric system which I still suck at, but regardless I was able to do the calculations and I figured I would put together this little chart for you so you don't have to bang your head against a wall trying to convert and remember algebra it tends to give one a headache.


Lbs
Oz of H2O
120
105
130
109
140
114
150
118
160
122
170
127
180
132
190
136
200
141
210
145
220
150
230
155
240
159
250
164


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors