Balloons of Encouragement



My baby sister graduated from high school this last weekend and so the last month has been very busy getting things together for her. One of the things I was most excited about was what we are now calling her "balloons of encouragement." It was a very easy project, but one she will have forever. I did it for graduation, but I think it would be a great idea for birthdays, anniversaries, and any other special milestone. 

What you will need

Balloons
Card stock
Photos
Letters
Dragon tears
tulle
ribbon
hole punch

1. First, I had people important in her life(grandparents, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, friends etc) write her letters on one side of the card stock. 
2. On the other side I attached a 4x6 of one of her senior pictures. Originally we were going to do a picture from each year she was in school, but her senior pictures came in right before graduation and they were so good we used those instead.
3. We used the hole punch to punch a hole in the top of each card
4.  Then use tulle to make a small pouch of dragon tears to weight down the balloon and use ribbon to tie it close and attach it to the card stock


5. Finally, tie the balloon through the hole and spread them around tables.(I also used tissue paper centerpieces for decoration.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors